Safety Precautions as We Reopen
Notice to our Patients
We hope this message finds you and yours healthy. We want to give you an update below on the status of Star Vision Center during the current COVID-19 situation.
We are scheduled to reopen on Monday, May 18th for all exams and services.
We are so excited to get back to the office and be able to care for our amazing patients. Please take note of the following changes and new protocols that you will see in our office, as we are striving to keep our staff, patients and community healthy:
- All staff will be wearing masks. Anyone entering the building will be required to wear a mask as well.
- All visits to the office are by appointment only, including picking up glasses and adjustments. We are also offering curbside dispensing and adjustments if you desire.
- Contact lenses will continue to be shipped to your home at no additional charge. Trial contact lenses will be available for pickup at curbside.
- We ask that you come into the office alone. Minors or those requiring assistance may bring one additional person. Other visitors are asked to remain in their vehicles.
- We have removed our magazines and kids toys
- All staff and patients will have a no-touch temperature check and wellness questionnaire upon arriving to Star Vision Center. Patients who have a temperature greater than 99.9, have any flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient will be asked to reschedule for a later date.
- All patients will be asked to use provided hand sanitizer before and after your visit and also to use hand sanitizer/wash hands before and after trying on frames in the optical.
- We will be sending out intake paperwork prior to your appointment. Now, more than ever, it is requested that you fill it out at home prior to your appointment to reduce your contact and time in the office. We also request that you bring a written list of current medications.
- We have spaced out appointments to allow plenty of time to disinfect and help avoid overlap so that there are limited people in the office at one time.
- Patients trying on eyewear will be given a basket to place all glasses in so that they can be properly disinfected before placing back on display.
- As always, all equipment will be thoroughly disinfected but we will also be cleaning all door handles, chairs, tables, pens and clipboards and other surfaces between each patient encounter.
- If you are high risk and unable to come in, we will still consider extending contact lens prescriptions for short term supplies that recently expired.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we encourage you to call us at 989-672-7827. We will let you know if we are ready for you so we can take you directly into pretesting or the optical, to reduce your in-office time.
We appreciate everyone’s effort and adaptation to these changes that will keep us all healthy and safe. We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
The Team at Star Vision Center